Compare Car Rental Prices Worldwide
Car Hire Isle of Man
The Isle of Man (known as Man or Manx) is a sea-locked country that is steeped in Norwegian and British history. The gentle scenery makes driving and exploring with booking rent a car Isle of Man a must for your trip. There is so much to experience in Man that you will want an uncomplicated way to get around. The roads are well made and maintained, so you can use your Isle of Man car hire to see the stunning landscape, Manx rent a car is a handy way to get around.
There are places of interest for the traveller to see in Man. Car hire Isle of Man lets you take in the history and its culture that the country has to offer. From the capital Douglas, to the unspoilt coves of Niarbyl, and its biggest attraction the TT motorbike racing in May/June, Man is a beautiful country for the traveller to explore. Rental car Isle of Man is popular and convenient method, you will need to book well in advance to get the dates and the type of car you desire.
A desire to explore the country you are visiting is really important so rent a car Isle of Man lets you take it easy along the roads of the country and also get from place to place in comfort and style. There are many options for car hire Isle of Man that you will want to decide early and get the most from your trip. It is easy to make a booking and the cars are modern and well-maintained, so don’t worry about your Isle of Man rental car experience – it will be just like driving your own car!
Man is not just known for TT racing; the scenery and rugged coastlines are also a big draw. In 2016 UNESCO designated the Isle of Man a Biosphere Reserve. And after all the sightseeing, chill out in one of Man’s cafes and restaurants. But first visit places such as –
- Laxey Wheel
- Peel Castle
- Tynwald National Park & Arboretum
There are other cities and sights, as we will see later in this guide.
The country is home to approximately 83 thousand people, the official language spoken is English. Man is an island located in the Irish Sea between the islands of Great Britain and Ireland covers a total land area of 221 square miles.
The brief summer months in enjoys the British weather, summer months are June to August. The weather in the country is temperate, with four distinct seasons.
The country plays host to the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy each June, which brings in around 50,000 enthusiasts each year.
Popular Cities in Isle of Man
The capital of the Isle of Man is Douglas and is the largest city in Man. Douglas is a beautiful town which is located on the mouth of the River Douglas which forms the towns harbour. With rent a car Douglas will give you the freedom to explore town and its countryside and make it your base and get your Douglas car hire and get ready for an adventure!
Ballasalla means ‘place of willows’. It is located in the parish of Malew in the south-east of the Isle of Man, and with car hire Ballasalla you can visit Rushen Abbey with hire car Ballasalla you can explore the village and surrounding countryside at your own pace.
As with any new experience, you will need to know what you are letting yourself in for. Check all the rules of the road before you leave for the Isle of Man to ensure you stay safe, do not draw attention to your hire car and making sure that nothing is left in the vehicle when it is un-occupied. Here are some of the more important ones –
- The driver is responsible to make sure all occupants of the car wear seat belts at all times.
- The alcohol limit is no more than 80mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood and there are regular police patrols who will stop and breathalyse you.
- You must carry an international drivers licence with you at all times while on the road in Isle of Man.
- The Isle of Man law insists that every occupant of a moving vehicle must wear a seat belt or appropriate restraint system for their age and height.
- No child under the age of twelve can travel in the front of a car. Instead, they must be secured using an age and size appropriate restraint in the rear of the car.
- They drive on the left-hand side of the road and overtake on right.
- The use of a mobile phone while driving is prohibited, if caught fines of up to £1000 can be imposed.
- The age limit for renting a car in Man is 21 with at least a year of driving experience.
- It is compulsory to carry warning triangles, a first aid kit and a reflective jacket in Man.
- It is advisable to obtain a parking disc while in Man, these should be used in ‘displayed disc zones only. These can be found at the tourist information offices.
- The police can impose and collect on the spot fines. If the fine is to be paid on the spot, a receipt must be given. Alternatively, the police will give you a payment order which you must pay within 30 days.
- A minimum of third party insurance is compulsory in the Isle of Man and you must carry proof of it by way of a valid certificate
- If you’re in an accident, you MUST notify the Police and the car rental supplier and get an accident report for insurance purposes. Failure to do so may result in you footing the whole bill.
- If you breakdown you must put on your reflective jacket and place the reflective triangle behind the vehicle to warn other drivers. You must notify the rental car company and suppliers for advice and assistance.
- There is no speed limit for outside of town roads. You will be stopped by the police if you are deemed to be driving dangerously.
Make sure you know what to do when driving in the Isle of Man be safe and stay on the right side of the law.
Airports in Isle of Man
There is only one airport that serves the country
- Ronaldsway Airport
The best way to get the most from your car hire Isle of Man Is to book from the airport so you know you have the transport you need. Do this in advance to get the best prices available.
When driving on the roads of the Isle of Man you want to be safe. You should research the rules of the road, as said before, but also have the following numbers programmed in your phone on case of emergency. For the police, ambulance and fire brigade is 999/112.